Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Parkinson's and the People Who Take Care of Us

I am just a few days away from my 30th wedding anniversary. I have said many times to many different people that I have had the rare opportunity to have married one of the greatest women who has ever lived. No one could have done better than Darla. I know there are women of equal beauty and character as my wife, but no one better. I am in a rare category of men who can say this and to all of you who also have that rare privilege of a long marriage to your perfect mate, congratulations. You have something that money and power simply cannot obtain, true unconditional love. I know this because over the last thirty years every one of our wedding vows has been tested, and now we are challenged with the hardest of all the vows, "in sickness".  It is not fair that after all Darla has done for me her reward for all her years of love and loyalty is a husband with Parkinson's. Yet here we are, and as always without even a pause she is taking care of me, supporting me every step of the way. I just want everyone who reads this blog to know how much I love my wife. I work out almost every day, I started this blog, I am hosting a golf tournament to raise money for PD research, and will do everything I can to find a cure and keep myself as healthy as I  can because I  owe it to my wife. All of us who have spouses that have given so much over the years owe it to our spouses to do all we can to make life easier for them. On behalf of all of us Parkies, I would like to say to all the wives and husbands who honor the hardest vow of all, thank you. We love all so of you much!

Happy anniversary, baby.

I'm Pat Younts and I move to live.

3 comments:

  1. To the richest man I know, congrats on your anniversary my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and I wish you 30 more years!
    Love both you guys! Gotta get back out on the course! You are one of the few I know who realize it's not money that buys happiness.
    The money ain't going with you, but your love and memories will.

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and a Promise

Over the Christmas holidays my wife and I were shopping in our local Costco and it just so happened that their seasonal items were on displ...