Monday, May 10, 2010

Challenge Update

Well it's been two weeks since I started my quest for being Mr.September in this year's Parkinson's calendar.....we do have a Parkinson's calendar, don't we? Ah, well, maybe next year. But I digress, so far I'm down 3 lbs., my bench went from 150 lbs. for 5 reps to 185 lbs. for 5 reps. That puts me ahead of schedule for my 250 lbs. goal. Thanks to Big Mike for letting work in with him while he works out. As for my golf game, I have been going to the driving range and will play this Saturday with my friends Karen and Mark.  I hope to play well.

Okay Parky warrriors, that's what I'm doing.  What about you?  Post some comments and give me some feedback I would love to hear from you. Keep moving until we find a cure and we move even more!

I'm Pat Younts and I move to live.

5 comments:

  1. I have never known you to walk away from a challenge. In fact, as I recall, you are generally the guy handing out challenges (come on...four more reps....you can do it....get that squat lower...drive it up). Having you as a trainer was one of the best decisions Dave and I ever made. You made us realize that we could accomplish anything we set our minds to. You listened to the good, the bad and the ugly throughout the years, while simultaneously making us strong competitors. So now you can be sure that we are behind you 100% and will keep you on track if you start to wander from your goal. You are and always will be more than a trainer to us.... Keep moving, my friend. Linda and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well can't say as our golf game was good But had a great time even in the gale force winds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But your Golf game was much better than mine.
    Let's do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will reach our weight lifting goals as well as personal weight goals before you know it. We are back at the lifting Monday. Better figure our the next milestone, we'll reach the current goal by June 30 I'm willing to bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My weightlifting goals are not as high. It's been a long time since the original Mom's House of Iron (in the basement)...but I am finally back lifting (in my garage)...as I realize that another day alive is another day to live...and I don't want to live it weak! Thanks for the motivation then and now.

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and a Promise

Over the Christmas holidays my wife and I were shopping in our local Costco and it just so happened that their seasonal items were on displ...