Wednesday, November 21, 2012

To give and be thankful

Our American holiday of thanksgiving is a wonderful day of food and celebration that brings family and friends together. We have this special day to remind ourselves to be thankful for what we have. It reminds us to live a life of addition, not subtraction, for what has been given to us. But what do we really have? Possessions come and go; fortunes can be won and lost. As Parkinson’s makes my life challenging and things are slowly taken from me, the things that I realize I truly have and am so very thankful for are my family, friends and since the day cannot be promised, I have this moment. Life is made of moments and the people you spend them with. My moments have become precious to me. I have been so very blessed for the people in my and my family’s lives and for your love and support.

I wish that the rest of the world would share this day with us, and that we all would live our moments free of anger and judgment of others so there can be peace on earth and good will to all.  

 Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings, Pat

I am Pat Younts, and I Move to Live

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parkinson's and a Promise

Over the Christmas holidays my wife and I were shopping in our local Costco and it just so happened that their seasonal items were on displ...