Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Flat Tire and Parkinson's

I left the gym Saturday morning after Big Mike and I finished our work out -- a great start to the day or so I thought. On my way out waiting for the traffic light to turn green a young woman pulled up beside me  and motioned me to roll my window down.  I was prepared to let her down gently by telling her I was happily married. Okay, I still have some ego left. More likely I thought she needed directions. Instead she said, "Your rear tire is almost flat. Didn't you feel it shaking?" This was one of those moments in life when someone gives a person with PD an opportunity to really have fun. I could have said, "My car shakes all the time when I'm in it" or "Yes, I was going to talk to my neurologist about it" or "It's not the tire. It's just me."  As all these things raced through my head, I fought back the urge and thanked her for letting me know. I called Big Mike who came to the rescue as he often does and I got home safe and sound. Now when I drive, I always think, "Do I have a flat tire?"

I'm Pat Younts and I move to live.

3 comments:

  1. ha! i live for those opportunities for witty and often times sarcastic comments .... one of the very few perks we have and don't use near enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an Open Mike Night at Funnybones Comedy Club in your future Pat. I can see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good chuckle...
    Smiling is a good thing!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and a Promise

Over the Christmas holidays my wife and I were shopping in our local Costco and it just so happened that their seasonal items were on displ...