Friday, August 20, 2010

The words I love you

Through the course of the day I say the words, "I love you" at least 8 to 10 times per day to my wife. I never hang up the phone without saying I love you; of course, I mean to my family. I might have said it to my car mechanic one time when he fixed something and said no charge. I tell my brothers I love them and kiss them on the cheek in public. We are not embarrassed to show our love for each other.

My son is a varsity offensive line coach for the high school he graduated from and on occasion when he needs me to drop him off at school in front of his players, he gives me a kiss on the cheek and tells me, "I love you" -- big tough coach and a loving son.

My daughter was a cheerleader in high school. When we dropped her off,  I would tell her, "I love you," and wait until she got close to her friends, then stick my head out of the car and yell it again.  Embarrassing your kids is one of those great joys in the world. She always looked back and through gritted teeth would say the words, "I love you."

Sam is my future daughter-in-law and is getting used to our 'I love you household'.  Not all people verbalize their emotions. She shows us in her sweetness and thoughtfulness, which is very special. She gets closer every day to uttering those awesome words.

My in-laws are two of the greatest people you will ever meet. I think of them as parents. They have always made me feel like a son. Not everyone loves their in-laws. I do and I tell them I love you.

Let's see, who else...I will answer my friends who post those nice comments on my blog and tell them I love you.  My brother-in-law is one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet and he gets an I love you. I tell my dogs and cats, "Daddy loves you." Okay, I know, who does that? I think lots of people will -- I hope. I will tell my Titleist driver when I hit the ball straight down the fairway, you guessed it, I love you.

I never miss the opportunity to use the words and the point of all this is no point at all.  For all of you who are nice enough to read my blog, I just wanted to say......well, you already know.

7 comments:

  1. I tell my boo-boo bears, I Love You, ALL the time!!! In recent years have started saying the "love ya" to close friends. It's 3 words with one big impact on our lives and we should all use more frequently!! 8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning.

    831,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This world can always use love so keep on doing your thing and lets hope its catching . Love you man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. It's 4:00 am here in So Cal, and I'm off to bed after a very long evening. What a wonderful way to end my night. With a smile on my face and happy dreams in my future, I bid you a peaceful good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments, as always. It makes me so happy to see that you enjoy the post. I told KJ in a comment on her wonderful blog that to us bloggers seeing comments on a post feels like you sold a book. Thank again and do I even need to say it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love reading your blog. I too tell people that I love them, cuz you never know and what can happen in just a short span of time. Does it hurt to say those three little words? Why is that so hard for some people.
    As always love you bud and we gotta whack soem golf bals then say I love you when they go hot straight and true and wish them good luck when they take off into the woods!
    Barney says he love uncle Pat and Aunt Darla, but I realize it's hard to differentiate meows, but that's what he is saying.

    Here's an I love you to some one who doesn't hear it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lucky to have great friends who show me so much love!! Tell Barney we love him, and love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Daddy. I feel that's something I can never you and Mom enough!

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and a Promise

Over the Christmas holidays my wife and I were shopping in our local Costco and it just so happened that their seasonal items were on displ...